Tuesday, May 8, 2007

50th Annual SFIFF


I could only stay for the first week of the San Francisco International Film Festival, but I was determined to see as many Asian films as possible. Here are the films I saw:

Ad Lib Night
After This Our Exile
Aria
Ghost Train
Hana
The Heavenly Kings
Mukhsin
The Old Garden
Paprika
Pather Panjali
Singapore Dreaming
Stories from the North
Tuli
Vanaja

I encourage you to follow the links above and check out the trailers. Most of these films were fantastic, a few fairly snoozable. I wrote a piece for the Portland-based Asian Reporter, showcasing what I felt were the standout films. I'll put a link here once that article is online. (BTW, I also caught All in This Tea, a likable Les Blank doc about Chinese tea, and Black Sheep, kind of a remake of Peter Jackson's Dead Alive, only with sheep.)

No comments: